What to Look for When Choosing a Pest Control Company
Homeowners often feel overwhelmed by the need to select a home service company. Such a business could be house cleaners, landscapers, electricians, plumbers, or some other service providers. But selecting the right one can be stressful since you’re putting your home and family in the hands of strangers and hoping the company you chose is one of the best.
Of course, home service also includes the pest control industry. Here at Noosa Pest, we consider ourselves an expert in the subject matter and we’d like to share some wisdom about what to look for in the best pest control companies.
How to Select the Best Pest Control Company
The National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) offers six selection criteria for those needing pest management, along with recommendations for other helpful pest control websites. Here are the six selection categories, with sample questions to ask when interviewing a pest control company:
- Do the technicians have current and appropriately classified licenses?
- How does the company keep technicians updated on industry trends and innovations?
- Do they use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques?
- How long has the company been in the business of treating pests?
- Do recently hired staff train with more experienced employees?
- Ask friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, or trusted acquaintances to recommend pest control companies that helped them.
- Don’t rely on advertising to tell you about the company’s reputation.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau or your state’s pesticide regulatory office for information on recent violations, complaints, or unresolved concerns.
- Ask the company to share customer comments.
- Can the company provide written estimates? If so, are they free?
- Get estimates from more than one company to compare rates and services.
- Does the company require a long-term contract? When does it expire, and what are the cumulative costs?
- Can the company guarantee their work? If so, what are the terms?
- Do the employees listen to customer concerns and handle them sincerely and respectfully?
- Can employees identify the pest(s), calculate the extent of the infestation, and explain common pest behaviors to clients?
- Are employees willing to discuss the products they use and other treatment details?
- Are they prepared and willing to discuss low-toxicity options and other ways to reduce environmental risks?
- Do they have insurance coverage for you, your property, and their employees?
- Do they wear protective equipment when necessary?
- What measures will they take to avoid unnecessary exposures or accidents?
Remember, one of the best things you can do to find the best pest control company for your needs is to research and observe the pests in and near your home. Showing prospective pest control firms that you’re a well-informed client can go a long way.
Should I Try Doing My Own Pest Control?
You probably should not take the DIY approach for most pest removal jobs. Of course, there’s a lot that you can do, as a homeowner, to dispel pests, such as:
- Storing food in sealed containers.
- Sealing cracks and gaps throughout the premises.
- Removing clutter inside and outside.
- Performing other small tasks that pest control companies greatly appreciate.
However, there are several reasons why you should not try to do the work of trained pest professionals. Here are some of those reasons:
- To be successful, different pest control projects call for different and unique treatment plans.
- Some of the chemicals used in pest control require special equipment and handling. Also, being exposed to these chemicals could cause health problems.
- As someone not apprised of the latest pest control formulations and application methods, your effort might do more harm than good.
- Your self-designed pest control project could cost more than you would if you hired professional pest control.
Pest control products and equipment can be expensive, and they’re hardly worth purchasing if no one has taught you about their use. So, choose the best pest control company near you instead of going at it alone. You won’t regret it!
Why Consider Noosa Pest as Your Pest Control Company?
At Noosa, we provide more than pest control. We’re in this business to protect your home, family, and community. Our goal is to deliver peace of mind. We understand that your home is a special place, as are the family members and pets living there. We provide pest control service plans that protect everyone in your household and its surroundings.
So, is Noosa the best pest control company in Charlotte? You tell us.
- We offer same-day pest control service.
- We’re a family-owned and locally-owned small business.
- We offer complimentary repeat treatments.
- We provide a broad array of comprehensive pest control services.
- Whatever your pest control problem, we’ll get to the bottom of it!
The Noosa Pest Management family is ready to serve all of your family’s pest control needs.
Our process is straightforward: First, we listen to ensure that we fully understand your needs and concerns, then we develop a pest management plan for you. Execution comes next, with follow-up if needed. One of the main differences you’ll see with our pest control company is that we acknowledge and accept that every customer has different thoughts about various bugs and other critters.
Moreover, our service superstars use the most environmentally responsible technology to keep you, your family, and the community safe. That’s why we aim to use integrated pest management (IPM) strategies as much as possible to reduce the pest population in and around your home—at least to a level acceptable to you. We also provide customers with a customized pest control treatment program.
If you’re looking for the best pest control company around, we hope you’ll give us a call and find out for yourself why our current customers give us such high praise. So, if you’re not already one of our customers, we’d love to add you to our list!