Charlotte Green Pest Control Services
Botanical Pest Control & Natural Pest Control Solutions
It’s part of Noosa Pest Management’s mission to be stewards of the environment and utilize natural pest control alternatives whenever possible. We’re always looking for non-chemical, non-toxic pest control for your home or business.
- Noosa offers an alternative to synthetic chemical treatments.
- Our botanical pest service first exhausts all non-chemical solutions to reduce pests.
- We apply naturally occurring insecticides when problem areas are identified.
- Noosa is a proud part of the EPA’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program.
Get in touch to learn more: Send us an email at email@example.com or call 704-499-9922.
The Noosa Pest Management Difference
We combine our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) service methods with our common-sense approach to the application of botanical solutions, which separates us from the green pretenders! Our botanical pest control services are truly customized pest management solutions to meet your specific needs and expectations.
During our initial service and inspection, we will exhaust all available non-chemical avenues to reduce the pest pressure in your home. For instance, we may recommend the addition of a door sweep, caulking cracks and crevices, utilizing expanding foam around conduit that enters the foundation of your home, cleaning gutters, and trimming branches that are in contact with your roof. Measures such as these help exclude pests, an important part of the IPM approach.
After identifying the pests and offering recommendations, we apply an effective, naturally occurring insecticide to the areas of concern. Noosa’s botanical pest control and botanical pest control services use a number of oil extracts and treatment techniques to assure you that eco-friendly pest control is not just a buzzword, but a safe solution to your pest challenges.
Why we provide botanical pest control.
The reason Noosa Pest Management focuses on low-impact pest control is that it’s the best pest control method for our natural environment. Low-impact doesn’t mean ineffectiveness, however! Because we take a multi-faceted approach, we don’t rely only on the products we use.
We first take time to inspect your property to find out how pests got into your home and suggest changes you can make to keep them out in the future. Then we apply botanical insecticides to address the existing pest problems you have.
In addition to having less impact on the environment, our green pest control treatments are better for all of the beneficial insects on your property. There are many types of insects that shouldn’t be considered as “pests” and that actually make a contribution to your garden or landscape by controlling the pests you don’t want.
For example, there are insects that prey on flies, gnats, slugs, aphids, and more. By providing habitat for the good bugs, you’re supporting truly natural, organic pest control that works hand in hand with our botanical pest control.
Thinking about green pest control but want to know more?
We’d love to tell you all about our proactive approach to decreasing the impact of our pest management services on the environment and why we’re an environmentally conscious pest management firm. To learn more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-499-9922. We look forward to hearing from you!
Green Pest Control FAQs
The majority of pest control products on the market come from synthetic chemicals that can be highly toxic. Although they’re certainly effective, they’re often too effective by making no distinctions between what’s good and bad. This means these chemicals can be harmful to wildlife, pets, and even people.
Our green pest control differs from synthetic chemical pest control in several important ways, including:
- The botanical pest control products we use are derived from the naturally occurring chemicals in plants that the plants themselves use to defend themselves from insects and pathogens.
- Botanical products are quickly degraded by air, sunlight, and moisture, which means they’re generally less harmful to the environment since they don’t allow residues to accumulate in the soil and the water supply. Because botanicals don’t have long-term residual effects, we provide our botanical pest control service every two months to maintain effective protection for your home.
- Most botanical products aren’t toxic to plants.
Botanical pest control may be earth-friendly, but it’s not friendly to pests such as cockroaches, bed bugs, and many other common household pests. If you’re plagued by these pests, remember—we reach for the safest products and methods first to solve your problem.
Want to know more? Read our post, “What is Botanical Pest Control?”
Whether you call it green, organic, or natural pest control, it isn’t perfect. There are advantages and disadvantages to green pest control, just like there are with more traditional pest control approaches. Here are some of the pluses and minuses of a natural pest management approach:
Green pest control pros include:
- Eco-friendliness: This is the most obvious advantage to using natural pest control products in and around your home or business. The botanical products we use have far less impact on the environment than synthetic pesticides, which can send harmful chemicals into waterways where they can disrupt or even destroy ecosystems and pollute the natural habitats of plants and animals. Green pest control helps protect the clean water and soil that we all depend on.
- Safety: Like with every type of pest control, natural pest control products are not completely without some health risks (so it’s important to have a qualified professional apply them), but compared to synthetic chemical treatments, botanicals are much less of a health threat to humans and pets.
- Long-term effectiveness: Decades of use of synthetic pest control has resulted in many types of pests becoming tolerant to them, and the more frequently and widely they’re used, the less effective they become. Natural alternatives deliver better results over the long term.
Green pest control cons include:
- Effectiveness: The effectiveness of green pest control products is in the “cons” column as well as the “pros” because there is no one-size-fits-all pest control solution to every pest problem. In some cases, a botanical product just won’t get the job done. No matter what type of pest you’re dealing with, Noosa will always review all of your options with you before recommending the one that we believe is best.
- Application expertise: Traditional pesticides that contain synthetic chemicals are often so powerful against their targets that expert application doesn’t make a difference. When using a green pest control approach, however, expertise in applying it is an essential part of its ultimate effectiveness in solving your pest problem. This is one reason why DIY green pest control may be unsuccessful. At Noosa, we’re experienced in applying the right product in the right place while minimizing its impact on your family and pets and the environment. We’re even partners with the EPA!
- Availability: There are only a few pest control providers who specialize or even offer green pest control. This isn’t a downside, of course, when you contact Noosa Pest Management!
Since the plant-based botanical products we use degrade sooner than synthetic chemicals do, our service frequency is every two months. We also have the option of quarterly service, which uses both traditional insecticides and botanical products to maximize your pest protection. When we perform our initial inspection, we’ll go over all of the service options that can solve your pest problems.
At Noosa, we’ve been providing comprehensive pest control services to our neighbors throughout the Charlotte area since 2006. Check the list of our service areas below—if you don’t see your city or neighborhood, please get in touch.